Sunday, September 23, 2007

Love, Love, Love Arizona


Dreams really do come true! Moving from Michigan to Arizona has been in our plan for the last 20 years. We are in our new home, the sun is shining and all is well!
When we arrived there was a big rainbow in the sky as we pulled into our driveway! I took that as a "welcoming sign."
What do you dream about?
No dream is less important than anther. You may want a different job, a new relationship, money to invest or to become a new mom.
Whatever it is know that it was planted in your heart by God. You won't be happy until you act on it. Small steps, even baby steps are better than no steps at all!
I want to share with you a few tips on how you can make your dreams come true as well.
1) Never give up. We first planned to leave when our four daughters were out of high school. Then it was "when they're out of college." Then we became grandparents. But we never let go of the dream. So "keep on keeping on." You will know when the time is right.
2) Take action. We bought a home 4 years ago in Queen Creek. Our "leap of faith" plan was to find renters to occupy it until we were ready to move in. Our tenants turned out to be wonderful people. We then set the date for selling our MI. home and cottage. We began talking about the move to everyone who would listen.
3) Commit. We chose the moving date two years ago. The same week my husband, Roger, who owned his own accounting business received a post card from a broker offering to sell his business. Serendipity! Six months later the business sold! When you commit to your dreams magic happens.
4) Visualize. I visited the South West several times. I knew the culture, the weather, the people. I had a "red rock" from Sedona and put it on my windowsill. I had a poster from the Georgia O'Keefe museum framed. I visited Frank Lloyd Wrights home. I had visual reminders everywhere. I never let go of visualizing permanent sunshine.
5) Believe! Don't wait until everything falls into place! We knew we were moving September 9th. Our house sold prior to the move our cottage did not. Roger didn't have a job although he flew out twice for several interviews. We were leaving anyway. The night before we moved the phone rang, he had a job offer and accepted it. Again serendipity!
6) Help others with their dreams! The fastest way to get what you want is to help others get what they want. I began a group for women who wanted to realize their dreams 12 years ago. We met every Sunday evening for 6 months. Everyone left the group with their plan in place. Today I teach clients how to get from where they are to where they want to be.
7) Be grateful! Thank God everyday for your dreams. Ask for guidance on how to fulfill them.
I learned years ago to be thankful and grateful in advance. It's a powerful way to be in life!
PS The sculpture you see is in Scottsdale, AZ.
PSS If you have a dream you would like to see materialize and need help from a coach give me a call at 616-460-6729. If you are interested in being part of a "Dreams Really Do Come True"
online group email me at TessMarshall@TessMarshall.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home