Tuesday, June 05, 2007

God's Healing Love + Faith + Friends = A Miracle



My friend Sherry needed "a little help from her friends" after hearing bad news from her oncologist a couple of weeks ago. So I asked her if she wanted to have a small gathering at my house prior to her beginning a new round of chemo.

She said that would be great and gave me the names of who she wanted to attend. I also asked about the mood of the party. The answer was she wanted to continue to believe she would be healed from cancer.



So I planned the party to be an upbeat, "expect a miracle party!" We made crowns, and decorated them.



We laughed and talked about vision and faith. We all gave Sherry small gifts she could keep with her. Gifts that would remind her that we loved her and believed in her healing.

My gift to Sherry was a red clown nose. It's been proven that humor heals.


We each wrote her a letter and sealed them in individual envelopes. She has them to open on her low energy days.

Musician Carol Johnson led us in song and we each lit a candle and flooded Sherry with affirmations and love.


The party ended with lady finger cake and strawberries dipped in chocolate. Miracles happen everyday. We will continue to hold the vision of a miracle for Sherry. Won't you please join us?


Grateful,
Tess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home