Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Family Matters!

What are your values? What is important to you? It is easy to say that family matters but how much time and energy do you put into your family relationships?

My granddaughter turned twelve April 16. She is too old for day care and too young to be left alone all day while her parents are at work this summer. My daughter called and asked me if she could spend some time with me. We live two hours away so time means day and night.

My first thoughts werer about how much work I have to do. My second reaction was she can come for three weeks! I've signed her up for morning golf lessons one week. Another week she'll be attending basketball camp during the day. The third week she'll have my undivided attention.

Family is important to me. My granddaughter is one of my favorite people in the world. I love everything about her. I'm willing to give her my time and energy. Work will always be here.

Summer time means fun. We will go rollerblading, biking and to the beach. We'll visit her great grandparents and walk to the library. We'll draw and paint and have a garage sale. We'll make memories that will last a life time. And to think I almost said, "no I have too much work to do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home