Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spiritual Growth

I believe we have the opportunity to grow spiritually everday. Any ordinary experience can be a spiritual experience if you make it so.

I was blessed by having my two grandchildren for a couple of days on their spring break. AJ is nine and Mackenzie is twelve. I knew it would require a lot of entertainment. Doesn't everyone want to have fun on break?

Here's where the spirituality comes in. Patience has always been a struggle for me. Knowing this I prepared myself in advance by reminding myself to stay in the present moment as much as I could.

They got new rollerblades for their birthdays this spring. They couldn't wait to try them out. So we found an empty parking lot and spent a lot of time going in circles and practicing how to stop. It was fun because I was patient! They were on their own after three practices. Mac was so proud!

I bought them paint-by-number kits thinking this will keep them quiet. Only to open the kits and find the colors of the paints needed to be constantly combined to create new colors. Again I practiced my patience!

AJ has studied the Ididarod at school for the past two months. We found a farm in the country where huskies are boarded, breeded and trained for this race. I'm not into dogs. But I took them to the farm anyway. The trip was pure joy. I can say I'm into huskies now!

They left for home yesterday and my house is a mess, the dishes are in the sink and the refrigerator is empty. But my heart is happy, they are overjoyed and the memories are priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home