Thursday, August 24, 2006

If You Had 3 Weeks To Live...

Flying By The Seat Of My Soul

"Each day is a new opportunity. Yesterday is gone
and today is the first day of your future!"

We often live like we have forever and put off things
we need to do for another day. If you have regrets or are
holding on to resentments let them go. Today is a good
day to begin again! Ask yourself if you had 3 weeks to
live what would you do differently today?

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I wouldn't take life so seriously. I would visit my adult children, their spouses and boyfriends. I would look in their eyes and tell them I loved them and I appreciate
who they are and everything they've done with their lives.I would tell them everything I never have but wished I did. I'd encourage them to lighten up and smile more. I would remind them that we are on earth only to learn how to love each other and don't ever forget that. I would ask them for forgiveness and to remember only the good times and me.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would take my
grandchildren to the beach and run free in the water
and play in the sand. We would eat desert first, tell
each other secrets, giggle and laugh. We would pick
flowers and wild raspberries along the rollerblade path. I would read them stories and scoop out their favorite ice cream. I would cover them with all the hugs and kisses they would allow. I would tell them how beautiful they are and to always put God and people first and money, things and appearances last.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would visit my
parents and thank them for giving me life. I would tell them good-bye and reminisce about the good times and happy times of the past. I would linger and look one more time at the arms that held me and feet that carried me. I would blow kisses on the way out the door.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would enjoy every moment and savor the sounds of the birds and the taste the sweetness of red ripe watermelon. I would turn off the TV and would spend more time outside in the evening watching fire flies dance and wait for the stars to come out. I would watch the moon glow and the sun rise.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would lighten my load, get rid of the junk in my attic, basement and garage. I would give away what I didn't need light candles, play soft music and dance.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would rent a house on the ocean. I would invite everyone of my friends to come and share in one last laugh fest. I would invite my favorite musician and the best caterer in town. We would wear long sleeveless dresses and nothing on our feet and let the good times roll. We would stay up and talk all night and write messages in a bottle for someone else to find someday so they could know just how good life is when you are surrounded by you love and people who love you.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would cancel
the newspaper and turn off the news. I would savor the
birds singing at dawn and cook breakfast outside. I
would eat waffles with syrup and strawberries
and whipped cream on my best china. I would
drink hazlenut coffee in a lawn chair and let the
grass tickle my feet.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would visit the farm I grew up on with my sisters. We would swim in the pond one more time, lay under the big oak tree look up at the sky and watch the clouds go by. We would do crafts, chase our shadows in the sun, race tractors and breathe in fresh air.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would look into my husband's eyes more and appreciate him until I burst. We would make more love, hold each other longer and I would always be the last one to let go of a hug or a kiss. We would look at old photographs and cry and laugh about difficult times when thought we wouldn't make it.

If I knew I had only 3 weeks to live I would golf when he wanted to and go to more sporting events and pretend to understand what’s going on even when I didn't. I would only care about watching him enjoy himself. I would put him first more often and myself last. For the entire 3 weeks I wouldn't let him out of my site. I would take every mean and cruel thing I ever said or did back.I would thank him for being the miracle he is.

If you knew you had only 3 weeks to live what would you do? I'd be interested in knowing that. Because whatever it is wewould do is what we need to be doing now. When will you begin? There is no better moment than the present!

_______________________________________________________
If you decide what it is you would do email it to me and TessMarshall&TessMarshall.com and I will post it on my blog!
Stay Happy!
Tess Marshall
www.TessMarshall.com
TessMarshall@TessMarshall.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home