Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How To Stay Sane In A Crazy World!


"Can it be that the penchant for violence is so deeplyembedded in our genetic heritage that we can't stop it? Of course not." -Dianne Morgan

No matter what is going on in the world, the elections, or the war it's our job to continue to fill our personal world with love, joy and hope.

Rev. Margaret Stortz, a minister in California says,"It's up to us to to be as valuable as possible to life.

Ernest Holmes message in a lecture in 1953 was, "Let us love one another; let us love the world. Let us serve simply anddeeply, leaving the shout and the tumult to others."

I think this is still a great idea 55 years later. But how? Personally one of the methods I use is affirmations. I write them on index cards with bright magic markers.

I refer to them often. On low days...quite often.

I encourage you to make your own. You can also put them in your journal or on post it notes on a mirror, on your desk or where ever...

Some of my current favorites are:

"I get up each morning expecting good things to happen."

"I may have heard no 1000 times. I ask again."

"I have joyous appreciation."

"I embrace the place I am today. God is in control."

"No big deal. I'm going to let it go."

"I am full of potential."

"I take action in joy."

"I miss 100% of the shots I never take."

"Most things aren't as serious as I make them out to be."

"I recognize what's happening and I choose to change."

"I nurture my mind, body and soul."

"This too shall pass. It always has and always will."

Go ahead and change your life by changing your thoughts. You owe it to yourself and the world needs you!

If you need help following your life's plan for 2008 I'm available for coaching. Call me at 616-460-6729.

Stay Happy!
Tess Marshall
http://www.tessmarshall.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home